AREA, is truly Where the Arts Live!
AREA was founded on the belief that the Arts have the potential to educate,engage, inspire, and empower. Atlanta embraces the arts as a compelling form of communication among individuals and across diverse cultures, expressing the issues of today while giving us a deeper understanding of the past.With each dance step, musical orchestration, or stage character, AREA provides a place for all ages to cultivate their gifts and define their artistic talents through instruction, professional development resources, educational programming and performance opportunities. Our AREA has no limits!
The mission of AREA is to encourage and create opportunities for all the residents of Atlanta and the larger metropolitan community to participate in and appreciate the performing arts, and strives to create a place where individuals can realize their creative potential, and where the community as a whole can share, witness and/or participate in this process
Core Organization Values
AREA inspires artistic expression and advances cultural literacy. AREA honors Atlanta’s rich, diverse, and creative heritage through active community engagement in the performing arts.
We are dedicated to create an unmatched artistic atmosphere that will add to the enjoyment of our multigenerational demographic, while providing a well-rounded experience to the next generation of leaders. Committed to providing world-class training and guidance from top tier professionals, our progressive Arts-based programming is structured for the training and performance experiences required to sustain a career in the professional aspects of the arts and entertainment industry, or just understand that our area in the Arts Has No Limits”! Focused on all ages and levels ranging from our Happy Kiddies first steps program to Open Division Adult Program, allows an opportunity for everyone to explore our area in the Performing Arts with us!
- support creativity and experimentation!
- have a broad and inclusive definition of art!
- are accessible, responsive, and welcoming to all!
- are committed to creating opportunities for the appreciation of cultural differences!
- believe the arts are valuable personally, socially and economically!
- seek innovative ways to collaborate with artists and organizations throughout the region!
- pursue excellence and distinction in all aspects of programming and operations!
- are fiscally responsible!
- believe participation in the arts enhances a person’s well-being and participation by a large number enhances the community!